Sakai Daiba Park and Sakaiminato Light House
Park where white wooden lighthouse is built
Daiba Park is the old gunnery site which was built in 1863 by the Tottori Clan. Japan was on the national isolation at that time, and the gunnery site was built for the defense against foreign ships. The San-in's oldest wooden light house, which was built in 1905, had looked over the busy traffic of ships. And it was restored by Sakaiminato City in 1991 for the symbol of history and prosperity of the city. The Park was designated in 1988 as a national historical site and it has also became famous as the flower park that has 350 cherry trees.